How do I hang my aerial silks?
How to hang your hammock (works for your Swing Trapeze as well)**Ceiling mounts are NOT included for 5.5Y hammocks
Where can I hang my silks?
- Ceiling mounts
- Exposed ceiling beams
- Swing sets
WARNING: DO NOT attempt to attach the aerial silks on a structure you are uncertain about. Industry standard for aerial rigging is that any aerial point must have a load capacity of no less than 2000 lbs safe working load and a minimum breaking strength of no less than 8000 lbs.
It’s always a good safety measure to inspect your mounting rig, O-slings, daisy chains and clipping hardware for potential wear and tear before each use or at least once a month. Signs of scratch, tear and crack might indicate that the hardware needs replacing.
How to care for your fabric
- Remove any sharp accessories such as earrings, rings and watches and before getting on the silks.
- Limit the aerial silks exposure to direct sunlight as colors and stretch will be affected under extended sun exposure.
- If you feel the silks are losing their elasticity, try washing the silks as that should help recover some of the elasticity level of the fabric.
- Remove the plastic ties on the two ends of the fabric, the two O-slings and daisy chains.
- Wash the fabric separately.
- Do not mix with hard or sharp objects to avoid scratches on the fabric.
- If you also want to wash the daisy chains and O-slings together with the fabric, put them in a separate laundry bag.
- Use mild detergent and cold water on gentle cycle.
- Leave to dry in the shade.
- Setting up your single rigging point for Aerial Circus